2. Back to the assumption that she has multiple spare rings that you can casually make disappear for a short while, you can easily use these on our Ring Size Chart
. Alternatively you can pop into our office, or that of your nearest jeweller and get the ring size easily measured on a ring size stick.
That is best case scenario, worst case is she doesn't have any other rings that you can use for reference and somehow you need to come up with her ring size out of thin air.
1. In this instance, we again recommend that you speak to family and friends if you are comfortable doing so. Jewellery is often shared amongst mothers and daughters/sisters, so there is a good chance that someone closely related will be able to give you a good indication of her ring size.
2. Pay more attention when the subject is brought up, there are very few women who will never mention anything regarding engagement rings, and when she asks to go inside that jewellery store on your Saturday morning shopping trip, do it, perfect timing for her to casually try on a ring or 2.
3. Yet another stealthy operation, this option involves you using a piece of string or floss and measuring the circumference of your girlfriends ‘ring finger’ while she sleeps. The ‘mm’ measurement can be compared to our Ring Size Chart
and easily converted into an accurate ring size. Depending on how light of a sleeper she may be, chances of getting caught can be high so good luck!
4. If you have absolutely no means of using any of the above methods then I would grudgingly suggest choosing an ‘average’ size. This is not very accurate as people are all very different, but its a good place to start and we can easily resize the ring once you've gotten the surprise engagement out of the way.
We wish you luck on this scary journey that all us men must face, we are here for you every step of the way and are happy to help out with all aspects from custom design to ring sizing!
Please feel free to contact us with any queries you may have!