With many years experience in the diamond and jewellery trade, one thing I have learned to master is the art of negotiation. I have learnt to deal with the biggest hitters in the diamond world and have time and time again convinced them to sell to me at MY price. This is not only encouraged by buying large quantities at a time, but also by building unshakeable relationships over the years. We ensure that we continue to buy certified diamonds on our own terms, so that we can continue to give our customers unbeatable value.
Although a different end of the spectrum, negotiation should also be a very integral part of your diamond purchasing process. Not necessarily based solely on price, but on a number of contributing factors which brought together will ensure you get far more value for your money.
So how do we suggest you go about ensuring yourself the best diamond deal?
1. Do not buy from mall-based or traditional retail jewellers. Not taking a hit at anyone, I have very good relationships with many mall-based jewellers who I have supplied for years. But the reality is that in terms of price, they will never be able to offer you great value because of all the factors work against them. Read more about this HERE
2. Find companies who buy there own diamond stock and manufacture their own jewellery. Any jeweller who is not the front line in either of these processes will simply be
charging you a markup on the price they paid buying from companies like us.
3. Shortlist 2-3 possible suppliers who meet the above criteria and ask them for a quotation inline with your desired purchase.
4. Evaluate the quotes and ensure that all elements are exactly the same. You can only truly compare prices when “apples are compared with apples”. This means Size, Colour, Clarity and Certifying laboratory must be the same.
5. Eliminate the fake news you see everywhere like “50%” less than retail or those all too common clearance sales that never seem to meet there objective.